It is 5:30 am and I am still awake. I blame this on my relentless persuit of how to ace my phone interview with TFA. I don't think I will make it past this stage, then again I didn't think I would get a phone interview. I am not fresh out of college, I didn't attend an ivy league university, and this was a last minute application. In fact, I read several articles about how we had to have "a killer letter of intent". Yeah, I wrote mine in 20 minutes and did not proof read it and I actually made it past the first stage. Perhaps, I neglected to inform them that I am immune to brainwashing and tend to have a few (read: a lot) of problems with authority. This doesn't mean the traditional person who can't hold down a job or is disrespectful to elders, but I don't like being micromanaged or lead by someone who is as capable of leadership as Castro is to dying (he will NEVER die).
I also keep reading all of these horrible things about TFA and how I have as much chance of getting in as of getting accepted into MIT. This is a little diheartening, however I lack a certain element of nervousness or frankly caring in this situation. You see, I have been rejected and given the "I wish you luck in your future endeavors" speech through the heartless medium of email so many times, that if TFA hit me in the face with a shovel I would shrug it off. I want someone to hire me badly. I don't know how much more I can take of watching daytime tv and wishing that Jerseylicious would have a marathon. I believe that my IQ has dropped to about 75 and that anymore time watching this type of quality programming might lead to my demise. I believe that my father said that he could see my eyes getting cloudy and me getting dumber, but I digress.
I have applied to so many jobs and I have thought about lying about my education, experiences, and dying my hair blonde and developing a heavy Southern accent. I feel that if I radiate a certain girl-next-door charm instead of having the charisma of Daria, that I could get a job at a restaurant or at a makeup counter. Hell, I am so desperate that I think Denny's sounds like a great alternative. I am not knocking people in the food service industry, I've been there myself, but at this point I feel as though I have been lied to by the educational elite of this country. They say, college will open doors for you...yep, it opened the door to the county. Ugh. Next stop, teaching license and master's degree...no one will hire me. Unfortunatly, I chose a subject that high school coaches all over the United States love...social studies. Who knew? Actually, I did know but persued it anyway (I love a challenge). I didn't know that it would be this hard to get a job once I got home. I am depressed, but I will get over it and just need to do something. Wish me luck on my phone interview and maybe I'll have some good news to share.
Is the phone interview today? Did it happen already?
ReplyDeleteAnd the news???
ReplyDeleteI interview at 3:20 and.....dunno yet. I will keep you posted.
ReplyDeleteYou're making me sooo nervous considering I'm leaving my teaching job at the end of this year and hoping to get a different job in the Houston area. Ack! Hope it works out for ya! Does TFA allow you to choose what city you want to work in?
ReplyDeleteSorta...but who knows what is gonna happen. Right now I am thinking that they are elitist and I should just get a job as a normal teacher.
ReplyDelete