Unrated and Underemployed

Thursday, February 17, 2011

So far, so not sure

I have completed all of the steps for my stage in TFA and my phone interview was....interesting. I feel that I sucked...a lot. Well, maybe not sucked, but was trying to drive home a point when I was interrupted to move on and it was short...like 25 minutes which makes me think that I did poorly. Then again, my heart isn't fully set on this program, it is just another step in teaching for me. I mean, I have a license soooo I'm good.

Moving on, there is nothing on TV. I just watched The Blind Side which is an OK movie that shows what wonderful things can be done if you just add rich white people to the equation. I am excited to be seeing old friends tonight and hopefully we will Hobbit it up just right and maybe end up at Half-Price Books and cap it off with the Chocolate Bar. I just don't want to see a bunch of obnoxious college kids from Rice who are all pale with their black framed glasses discussing Sartre and the evils of plastic. They are truly the white peeps in "What White People Like". Not that I have anything against people who attend Rice, they just seem to be an odd assortment of pampered youth.

I will let you know what unwinds in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I was at Starbucks the other day before school, and there were 7 (YES 7!) high school girls ordering frappaccinos! I wanted to scream at them .. how are you affording this $7 drink?!?! And, you are going to make me late for work!
    And to the Starbucks barista.. Can't you just make a gallon of frappacinos and pass them out? Or do you really need to make them one at a time?

    That was my vent on rich little kids with their daddy's credit card in Starbucks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately...I've been using my daddy's credit card, but my excuse is that I'm broke.

    ReplyDelete