Unrated and Underemployed

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Things I do for Money

Well, this may sound lame, but recently I have scowered the house in hopes of finding materials to sell to Half-Priced Books. I have made $24 bucks and figure that I need to find a job ASAP! You know you are sad when you go through your closet and go...eh didn't plan on reading it anyway. I LOVE books and I feel wrong getting rid of some of them, especially if I didn't yet conquer them. Right now I am reading City of Thieves...not bad so far.

In other news, I am still jobless, but I think it might be fun to name all of the places that have deemed me unqualified at the beginning of all of my posts so here are a few gems: Wells Fargo (Teller), Hewitt (Secretary), St. Agnes Academy (College Counselor), and Sylvan Learning Center (Director II). Thanks for playing and good luck in all of your future endeavors. I am just waiting for some place like McDonalds or Sonic to say that I am not the candidate they are looking for at this time.

Finally, tonight a few of my friends and I decided to barhop around our fun area (bleh) and landed at 4 dives today. The diviest of them all told me I had to leave because my drivers liscense is expired and that they could not serve me. I seriously got kicked out of the worst bar in the Woodlands area that has been known in the past to have people snorting coke in the bathroom and plenty of drunken brawls. Granted, they have cleaned up, but COME ON! The girl who showed me the door had to be only 20 and said that any place would tell me the same. The other three places said nothing. We just wanted to watch the bad karaoke and sip on some virgin rum and cokes (haha bad joke). The best part of the evening was when we indulged in a Scotty Thompson from Carrabas..mmmm goat cheese in marinara served with toasted garlic bread. Who needs a boyfriend when there is Scotty....(what Scotty doesn't know...haha)?

I think I need a hobby. I can't really think of one right now, but if y'all have any suggestions besides making a collage of all of my rejection letters in the colorful form of macaroni art. Then again..nothing says classy and summer camp than macaroni art.

2 comments: